The good things
- We met Frances who was a lovely cheese course attendee on Tuesday after a good Tasty Yorkshire make on the Monday
It was Stu’s birthday on Tuesday
- Stu made 2,000 litres of our Yorkshire Goat Gouda: Superior Goat and I assisted – and we got the pot size just about right!
- We did some mad waxing on Wednesday to top up waxed, labelled, baged and boxed stock
- The whey tank was emptied; might sound trivial, but if you can’t get rid of your whey, then you cannot make cheese
- We used silk as a cheese cloth for Frances, the lady who is sewing costumes for witches in the opera, Dido and Aeneas and sent it off to her, er, wet…
- I did a little bit more of re-writing our Quality Management file in SALSA style; no, that does not involve dancing around the dairy…I wish….
- Ordered some trotter shoes for Snouter to try and protect his feet and help his trotters get better – photo coming soon if I can get them to stay on
The not so good things
- Snow, snow and more snow and bitterly cold and then it was cold and snowed and then it snowed and windy and cold
- I couldn’t get in on Friday as the roads were blocked, and how
- We only received 2,000 litres of goat milk – but better than nothing!
- Stu’s new pans did not arrive
- Snouter’s trotters still poorly