Happy Easter, everyone, hope you are all having a lovely, restful and relaxing time. I am painting and prevaricating.
The good things of last week:
- Apart from coming in for a couple of hours to vac pack the last Superior Goat Gouda make, we had Friday off – woohoo!
- Two more cheese making classes booked
- Stu and I made a 1,400 litre vat of Original Goat on Thursday and 1,400 litres of the Goat Gouda on
- We received a commision to make a vat of unpasteurised Wensleydale for next week
- Spoke to David Hartley, MD of Wensleydale Dairy up the road about stocking our goat cheese in their Visitor’s Centre; let’s hope we can persuade them!
- Meeting Steve from Cheesey Grin who plans to take our Yorkshire Bowlers because his wholesaler does not stock them….ggrrr….
- New supplies of salt arrived. We don’t just use it to add to the vat when making cheese but also to top the brine bath up
- Stu’s pans arrived as did my exceedingly expensive tin of Farrow & Ball Elephant Breath paint
- Stu got his poorly car fixed by the ever lovely Ron at Stevron around the back of our place
Not Such Good things:
- Still snow around and it is damned cold in our little unit
- Not a lot happened on the new SALSA paperwork!
- Snouter needs the vet to come out to look at his poorly front left trotter
- No goat milk for next week but a full load for the week after
- Ron didn’t have time to fix my car which is poorly, something to do with bearings
This time last year, we spoke about making Wensleydale Truckles here.